Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Just thought I would check in.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey y'all--

    I just thought that now the board is back up I would say Hi. I have been working on some stuff mostly S16 since my Beaulieu has been in and out of the shop. What have you been doing??

  2. #2
    Inactive Member plattino's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2002
    Posts
    30
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hey Nigel,

    Just curious whats the cheapest and most effective camera purchase for a S16 modification? CP16 R? Bolex?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Mr_Floppy's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2001
    Posts
    43
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Probably a Krasnagorsk K-3. You can get this camera under 100 USD at ebay and add a S-16 widened gate for USD 75 $.

    I have the camera and goes pretty well. Quite stable and rugged. Image is as sharp as an arri, lens is **** , but there are plenty of adaptors, and you can use any Pentax screw mounted lens.

    The only drawback is the running time (limited to 60 metres dayligth cartridges), and its clock work mechanism, that its limited to several seconds.

    You can add a sound sync motor, what is know for around 850 USD and a custom made blimp (is loud as **** ) for 250 USD. But, of course, for these prices, you could get a 400' load Eclair ACL or NPR.

    Hope this helps.

    Jose

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Hanthx's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 27th, 2000
    Posts
    420
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Hey Adam

    Things have been good lately.
    I landed an assitant editing job for a TV production house (Launch Pad Productions) and am currently working on "The Other Half, Tracker, and The Weakest Link -daytime version."
    Other than that, school just finished and I have only one more semester to go until I graduate.

    Cya,
    Scott

  5. #5
    Inactive Member blackangus1's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2002
    Posts
    80
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Where can you get an S16 gate for a K-3 for $75? And is that installed, or do you have to do it yourself?

    Also, curious about the blimp -- where can you get a blimp for the K-3 for $250?

    Thanks...

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Scott--

    Cool!!! TV can be fun. I kinda wish I had a job in TV. I would love to DP a primetime drama on one of the big three. Email me to tell me more.

    As for the cheap S16 cameras. The cheapest I would get is an Eclair ACL. There were a few but rare Factory Built Arri S/B's that were S16. I don't like the K3 I think they are trash(Sorry to those of you that own one), Bolex are decent but the prism focus makes me worry.

    Good Luck

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •